Sunday, February 1, 2009

i don't have a good title... sorry.

the roommates and i were a little bored the other night and decided to break out my luchador mask. it was a big hit. i have more pictures but i didn't know if i'd embarrass anyone... and i figured meg could take it :)
so... this is my room... i believe you've seen this corner before... i'm wondering if you notice anything peculiar about it...

...........

................

..........

...............

..........

..............

..........

.............

..........

if you guessed that the peculiarity was that i had two calendars, then you're right. on the left is my Bangor, Maine Hose 5 Firefighter calendar...and on the right is my brand new Ballerina calendar. The one from Bangor was *obviously* a gift from Mandi, and Renae just bought me the ballerina calendar on friday. i'm very excited. i love the subject matter of both... i mean, who wouldn't love firefighters? and who wouldn't love ballerinas/want to be a ballerina? amazing.


ok... this next picture is not a picture of the slob-level living in this apartment. this is actually quite clean, but notice the silverware drawer hanging half-way out. yea... it's broken. there have been several offers by residents of this apartment to take care of it (i.e.- file a maintenance request through our PBU maintenance department... can be done online in approximately 2 mins). SOOOOO, since everyone volunteered to file a request, I didn't do it. then i kept asking the people who said they were going to do it if they actually had done it... the answer was always "i'm about to do it right now!" or "oops, i forgot! i'll do it later tonight." i should've just done it myself... but i didn't. *2 weeks have gone by!* the drawer is still hanging out... but a request is being filed as we speak by Meg. Praise the Lord!

Like Amanda, I also had some book success this weekend. I found this little beauty at Barnes & Noble in Neshaminy (I usually go to the Oxford Valley Barnes & Noble but I switched it up this weekend). I'm very excited about my new SPLENDA COOKBOOK!!!! It has a recipe for pomegranate jelly that I can't wait to make when I get home. I think, Amanda, you'd like it on your toast or something. I'm still trying to figure out what I can put it on, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Ok... that is all. I love you guys. Sorry to piggyback off of your blog Amanda. It's just that I realize I have things to blog about after you post :)
<3

3 comments:

Amanda said...

No harm done, Jess. At least you blog!!! (poke, poke to those who used to blog but stopped! :))

Anita said...

Imagine if a firefighter was also a ballerina...

Anita said...

Amanda, I feel your poke...