Monday, October 8, 2007

a little update...

so as you all know i have been working a lot around school trying to increase my income for tuition next year and a few fun things too (Memaw always told me to indulge every now and then...I like to go by her example and buy something every other Friday when my paycheck comes out [not a whole outfit though :)] and then my craving to spend is basically over until the next paycheck)...anyways, in addition to my receptionist job as the university switchboard operator for a whopping one hour a day (5 whole hours a week!)

i have also started working for the Office of Safety and Security on campus, as a shuttle driver and a dispatcher (15 hours a week and 21 hours a week starting after fall break! yeehaw!)
well, as if that were not enough... i decided to work for the Pioneer Catering Service on campus. So, this past Friday and Saturday were our Crimson Celebration for homecoming. Friday I spent 7 or 8 hours driving around a golf cart with a flatbed on the back full of baked beans, steaks, chicken, potato salad, macaroni salad, soda, tossed salad, a bucket of dressings that kept spilling, etc, etc, etc... these things had to be taken from the kitchen at the cafeteria down to the big top tent in the middle of campus for dinner... it was amazingly fun and i got paid to drive around a golf cart... it was a lot of work too though... i was so tired afterwards and my feet hurt like big dogs and my calves were sore too... haha. but anyways, i had a great time and i can't wait for another banquet so i can do it again...

(the cart was just like this one only it didn't have the rail all the way around the back... haha [the result however was only ONE pan of baked beans all over the parking lot- other than that the only casualty was a field hockey corner flag but that's a whole different story :)])
oh yea, just so you know... all ya'll in VA--> I'll be seeing you on Friday afternoon/night. Fall Break is October 15th and 16th which is this Monday and Tuesday coming up, so I am skipping class on Friday to come home for the long weekend. (I just wish Mandi could be there too...)
<3

4 comments:

Anita said...

I am envious of this new job - it looks like tons of fun! How fast will that cart go???

Jecca Andrew said...

haha, it's only an every-now-and-then job... but it goes pretty fast... especially down hill carrying 4 people and about 300 lbs. of food in the back :)

Amanda said...

i would be soooooo nervous in that cart. i think i would just walk...i'll meet you there to help unload :)

Jecca Andrew said...

oh mandi...
you're so silly.
i miss you immensely (sp?).
you gotta call me when you get a chance, i wanna talk wit'ya... (as said in the ghetto :) )