Wednesday, February 27, 2008

new books!

just thought i would update you guys on my books for next semester. i'm making this course up myself, so i have four books currently in the running. the class is going to focus on celebrity culture. mainly our response as a society to their strangely public lives. should be fun.


best pictures. ever.

can you tell who that is on the front?


the most academic of the books. this one provides a cultural critique of our messed up society and the use of everything as entertainment. this book has many endnotes.


this pic is small, but it's the inside story of a national enquirer journalist who claims that all the stories are true. pretty interesting read.


this one is smaller still. i'm still waiting on this book, but pat says it's a great book. go figure.

well, we were supposed to have a snow day today. i guess we were all banking on it, but then maine weather did not disappoint. however, the higher ups feel like we can make it to campus. dust off the road crew boots...i'm on my way.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Strangely enough, I feel like I recognize that face! I'm going to think on this one... Great choice Manda!